University library, Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
The library was established on 1 May 1950. At the time of MSU’s establishment, a collection of 5,12,159 books belonging to two state libraries (Huzur Political Office and Secretariat Library) was handed over to the University Library.
There were several colleges in Baroda – Baroda College (for Arts), Science Institute, Commerce College, and Secondary Teacher’s Training College, etc. These colleges had libraries of their own that continued to remain as Faculty Libraries and were administered independently. Thus the University Library System was established on 5 January 1950 and housed in the central block of Old Residency Office Building.